Today's post is a healthy snack-time favorite: Hummus! I've been getting sick of buying hummus that tastes like lemon furniture polish, so I decided to make my own!
It's very simple, with very strong flavors, and no tahini (which is very high in calories, so we lightened this up a bit!) Enjoy!
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- Olive oil (Start with 1/4 -1/2 cup, and increase as necessary for desired texture)
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained (and rinsed. It'll foam and get sudsy when you rinse it. Gross huh?)
- 2 teaspoonsful minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put the garlic and a small amount of the olive oil into a food processor, and blend until smooth. (You don't want to bite into a chunk of raw garlic. Or maybe you do, to each their own!)
- When the garlic is well blended, add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, and more of the olive oil. Process until smooth (adding more olive oil / lemon juice if necessary for texture and flavor)
Serve however you usually serve hummus! Pita chips, veggies, on a sandwich, whatever your heart desires!
|Yumm! Smooth and tasty!|