After working every day/night since getting my new mixer, I finally got a chance to play with it tonight!
Found an interesting chocolate cupcake recipe online, and decided to be daring and give it a shot. (Also easily made vegan if that floats your boat! My boat however floats on different waters!)
Just the one picture, because I wasn't expecting to post this... but once they were made, I just HAD to share! Enjoy!
(Adapted from Food.com)
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used Shaws brand. Good, but I should really invest in some of the good stuff. Godiva maybe!)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk (The original recipe called for water. If you want to keep it vegan, go ahead and use water, should turn out just as fine! The milk just made it a little richer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
NO EGGS. Weird right? Almost scared me off, but I am glad I made it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together until moist / well blended (This is where my mixer made life sooooooooooo easy!)
- Put in paper cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Frost with whatever you deem to be best!
I found a yummy frosting recipe on Food Network. I thinned it out with a little extra cream and a tablespoonful of warm water. Added some chocolate jimmies, and there you have it!