Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken, Spinach, and Feta Omelettes

Okay friends, we have our first non-baking post today!

Seeing as today was my first day off in about a week... and that I don't have another day off until next Friday.. I thought that a nice brunch was in order.




The true beauty of omelettes are in their simplicity. What foods do you like? Throw them in!


Here is how I created this lovely treat:
Ingredients:

  • Eggs! (This omelette was for Chef George and I, so we used 6 because well, we love eggs!)
  • Some milk or cream... some liquid to thin it out. We had heavy cream around the kitchen so I put in just a splash of that
    • *The Barefoot Contessa claims that less liquid makes for fluffier eggs, so use your best judgement!*
  • Salt
  • Toppings!
    • I put the ingredients in ramekins because I had them sitting around and think they look professional!
    • In this scenario, we used leftover chicken from dinner the other night, some spinach I chopped up, and some wonderful feta cheese

Directions:
  • Whisk together the eggs, liquid, and sprinkle of salt.
  • Heat a frying pan on medium-high temperature with some olive oil and a pat of butter.
    • This olive oil came straight out of Greece! I thought it made it a more well-rounded Greek breakfast!
  • Pour in the eggs and allow them to solidify a bit.
  • When the bottom of the eggs seem firm but the top is still a little runny, sprinkle your toppings on: 




  • Fold the omelette in half and flip... Cook until you think its about done!


We served ours with some nice crunchy multigrain toast, some Kalamata Olives, bacon, and of course, some more feta cheese.

Paired with a cold glass of orange juice and a coffee, and we had ourselves a lovely brunch this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment