Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brownie "Rapture"

So first off, to introduce this blog, my family and I cook a lot, and enjoy taking pictures of our creations. While we shared them on Facebook originally, we wanted to expand our audience, so here we go, with the fork and dagger!
Tonight, on a spur of the moment decision, I decided to make brownies. 


Ingredients:
Ignore the mail in the corner! Didn't clean up too well...
  • 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cups cocoa powder (good quality! I used Ghirardelli cocoa powder)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (my recipe says semi-sweet, I'm partial to milk chocolate. Use what you'd like!)
Directions:
It's honestly very straight forward. No double boilers, no tempering eggs, no secret ingredients (other than love!)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together until the dry ingredients are just wet. (If you mix too much, the brownies get tough! Yuck.). Stir in the chocolate chips (and/or some nuts if you want!)


Grease whatever pan you want to use, I prefer an 8"x8" or a 9"x9"... I like a big, thick brownie! (Note that if you use a bigger pan, say, a 9"x13" it may cook faster! My cooking time is based upon an 8"x8")


It should only take about 30 minutes to cook. Our oven is terrible and always takes longer BUT go with your gut! The brownies are done when a knife or toothpick or light saber can be put in the middle and comes out clean!

Cool and cut. Done! Easy as pie! (Well... brownies!)



Mmm... delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment